Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Funnies

Right now I am typing one handed. Lydia is nestled on my shoulder, and a giant pile of her spit-up is resting smack dab in the middle of my bra. She has pretty precise aim; we are so proud of her!

Some memorable moments so far:

Abe somehow went days without changing a poopy diaper. When he confronted his first one, he exclaimed in genuine alarm that we must be over-feeding Lydia. He didn't believe that much poop could possibly be healthy or normal. I think he has since adjusted his expectations; when he changed another poopy diaper this morning, the only exclamations to escape his mouth were effusions over how perfect the color of her poop was.

Two days ago, Lydia managed to pee onto her head. Her hair got soaked. Don't ask. A sponge bath followed promptly.

Lydia must have the best dreams ever. Half the time she feeds in her sleep. It's amazing how much milk she can extract while she is sound asleep.

So far that's it. She sleeps a LOT, so most of the time we are dealing with a little baby zombie. Abe told her that she'd soon learn that life is better when you're asleep, and I think she took his advice to heart. I will never understand how my husband and daughter can so consistently choose sleep over food, but I'm learning to accept that my lot in life will be to remind all of my loved ones to stop zoning out and finish their food. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment