Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

One of the reasons I started a blog was to train myself to take more pictures. For years I have lived by the philosophy of "the moment is more important than the photo," and as a result I have precious little photographic documentation of the last decade of my life. This will not do, and I am determined to change my ways before Lydia arrives.

Therefore, I was bummed yesterday evening when I realized that I had missed an entire day's worth of fun photo opportunities. My sweet friend Amelia came down to Hyde Park and spent the day with me, and before we met up I packed my camera, resolving once again to be a better picture-taker. But alas, I had so much fun that I forgot to take a single picture until we were on our way back to the train station. The following are two pictures I took at a stoplight.

 Can't you tell how sweet Amelia is? 

We started off by making cards with some lovely, crafty people at church and then we came home and baked chocolate chip cookies.

As yummy as the cookies were, I can not overstate how fun it was to make cards. Granted, my cards were remedial compared to everyone else's, but I had so much fun that it didn't matter. I came home and made more cards.
 And then tonight I got carried away and made a couple more... 
Abe has to inspect his client accounts until 2am, and I suffer from perpetual anxiety that he will get hit by a drunk driver while he's driving around at all hours of the night. I discovered tonight that listening to Christmas music and making cards is a great way to calm down. I now have only two more hours to kill. Perhaps I will start on a sewing project. I have not sewn in years, but recently a kind person lent me her sewing machine and gave me a ton of fabric, so I can start making baby dresses, quilts, etc. 

But first things first. I started crying when Abe had to go to work tonight. SO pathetic, I know, but pregnancy hormones + anxiety about loved ones getting killed in car crashes = ridiculously emotional scenes. Abe decided to drive me to the gym (one block away from our home), presumably in the hope that endorphins would solve my problems. I don't know how effective the endorphins were, but I did leave the gym quite sweaty, and a shower would be advisable right now. 
So the current game plan: Shower, pj's, and sew until Abe comes home (assuming he survives the drunk drivers who are currently wreaking havoc on our roads and loved ones).

And if I get sad again, I have this picture Abe drew on my computer to cheer me up:
 Oh, and happy Thanksgiving! My heart bursts with gratitude for family and friends. I am also thankful to have discovered such pleasant ways to pass the time, and I am grateful for good music. What makes your heart sing with gratitude this Thanksgiving? I would love to hear your list!

3 comments:

  1. Lily I maximized the picture of your cards so I could look at them all. They're lovely! Thanks again for having me over! (Even if you did post pics of me with my eyes closed on your blog. I'm glad to take one for the team so we can remember that fun day!) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your cards! And I like the card Abe made for you on the computer. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you and Lydia (and Abe too or course...) had a lot of yummy food to eat.

    ReplyDelete