Sunday, February 20, 2011

Suprise baby shower

Okay, I know I JUST blogged, but I am so excited that I can't sleep! Last night was such a wonderful treat. Abe whisked me off to have dinner with one of my dearest friends, Liz Nyden. (Yesterday we calculated we've been friends for 23 years--isn't that crazy?? We are so old!!)  I was very excited to see her and eat her ever delicious food. When I entered her apartment, she told me she had a surprise for me.
 I walked down her hall, and to my delight, I saw these beautiful women!

Miki, Anne, Carolyn, Cathy, Liz A., Jelica; Liz N., me, Jennifer
These friends date back to elementary, middle, and high school--and a couple of them I hadn't had the pleasure of seeing in YEARS. It was sooooooooo wonderful to see them! I was overwhelmed and touched by this absolutely awesome surprise.

And I told you Liz was a great cook! --And a fabulous decorator. I have shamelessly copied her throughout the years--right down to ordering the same artwork she has hanging in her house and "gifting" it to Abe. I wish I had taken more pictures (story of my life), but at least I got a picture of this beautiful table of food and flowers:

And me looking happy and hungry:

Let me tell you, everything was SO delicious, beautiful, and fun. When I woke up this morning and started thinking about it, I couldn't fall back asleep. It was so fun to spend the evening with these sweet and fun friends, and I am smiling just thinking about how much I loved seeing them! Also, I couldn't fall asleep because Liz sent me home with one of her amaaaaaazing cupcakes, and it was calling me...So I got up and blogged. (I haven't eaten the cupcake yet. I keep looking at it, but I want to preserve the pleasure for a more dignified time of day...in the meantime, Liz also gave me a lovely little bag of Trader Joes peanut butter cups that are enhancing the quality of my morning blog.)

A HUGE thank you to Liz for organizing such a beautiful highlight of this pregnancy. And giant hugs to all who came--I feel so loved and full of love!

No comments:

Post a Comment