Thursday, January 6, 2011

Catch up: Nauvoo, Baby Shower, and Christmas in Utah

I had no access to my camera during our Christmas trip to Utah because I left it in the overhead bin of the plane on our way out. Thankfully, the airlines found my bag and shipped it to me, but that means I have little photographic documentation of our Utah trip. It also means I couldn't download photos from our trip to Nauvoo until now, so in a nutshell, here's what the past three weeks of our lives look like (kinda).
Abe trying to look cheery after I kicked him out of bed so that he could make a good memory by running to the Mississippi and back.

I am happy because I intend to make my memory by taking a leisurely stroll. I ended up spending most of the time sitting next to a cute Christmas tree staring at the temple.

My view from my bench near a Christmas tree.

Abe is excited to eat in the only open restaurant in Nauvoo.

The frozen Mississippi

I am excited to eat my pie.

Abe calls the many flocks of geese to him. (There were probably a billion geese flying around the river!) Sadly, none responded to his call.

Nauvoo Temple from the front
 The ladies from our Hyde Park ward also threw me a really sweet baby shower. I was so touched! I forgot to bring my camera, but Barbie sent me hers. Thanks, Barbie!

Yummy food! I still daydream about these amazing rolls Elise made.

A diaper cake!

The sweet ladies who came to the shower

Sweets =)

And then we had Christmas in Utah. Abe's mom used to get Abe and his brothers pj pants from a brand called "Uglies." The fabric on the front and back of each leg in an Ugly is different, and for a while there the brand went out of business (I wonder why?). I decided to make them all Uglies for Christmas, and the hours upon hours of sewing yielded the following garish results:

3 comments:

  1. Your uglies turned out great! And you are such a cute preggo lady! You look like a queen in the pic from your shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have been so busy!
    Start planning your next Nauvoo trip for the first week of the pageant (July 5-10) since that is when the Petersens take the stage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!! Your blog thingie shows that I visited, and my flag even comes up :) I love your blog and I can't believe you made those pants for everyone for Christmas....!!! I never even knew you sewed!! You are multi-talented and I adore you. xxx

    ReplyDelete