Friday, May 6, 2011

So...I haven't been posting a lot lately. There are both obvious and less obvious reasons for this state of affairs.

Obvious:  Babies take time and energy! Lydia has been a little more wakeful recently, and so I spend more time cuddling and playing with her. She is smiling now, although her smiles are fleeting and usually give way to expressions of bewilderment and concern. I suspect she is bewildered by all of the excited sounds her smiles elicit from Mommy, and she probably becomes concerned at how mentally unbalanced Mommy seems when she is making crazy faces trying to get Lydia to keep smiling.

Less obvious: 1) I am terrified that when I do blog, I will whine. Whining subject of choice: post labor recovery. No one warned me about this process, and I could easily write pages upon whiny pages about how yucky this stage is--especially since I have the good fortune of experiencing medical complications in this process! Yay for me. BUT...I spent nine months writing whiny pregnancy blogs, so I think I've forfeited my rights to keep complaining.

2) I am scared I will effuse too much over my adorable baby. She is SO cute, and I could write a book that would probably bore everyone else to tears about all the cute things she does. For example, I would love to write about her sweet little noises (my favorite are her exasperated sighs) and her floppy moods where she collapses onto me and becomes this little butterball of cuddly love. And how she looks so imperious during bath time...she is sooooooooo adorable!!

Because of the obvious reason listed in the beginning of this post, I am tired. Lydia fell asleep almost two hours ago, and I have spent the time pumping, going through post-labor care routines, cleaning, and now blogging. Off to bed I go! Ah, the joy of knowing I have at least three hours of solid sleep ahead of me...

2 comments:

  1. Well. In my humble opinion, I don't think any of those things are problems. I think I've explained my testimony of complaining--you'll either be reassured that your complaints are normal or someone will point out that it's not so normal and help you figure out that there's a problem. There's no need to suffer in silence!

    And goodness, I'm sure I'm only one of manymany MINIONS of people just DYING to see and hear more of Lydia!! You couldn't possibly go on about her too much, it's just not going to happen!

    But, I also understand your point of view...not wanting to seem whiny (and thus ungrateful) or boring. It's YOU and we love YOU, not a pretend version of "You".

    I vote for going for it.

    ReplyDelete